Distance is Dead.
Time Zones are not.
Millions of knowledge workers coordinate daily with partners around the globe, yet nearly all overlook the myriad ways that time zones affect their productivity.
In I’m Working While They’re Sleeping, veteran American University researchers Erran Carmel and J. Alberto Espinosa distill more than a decade of research to address time zone challenges in practical terms. The authors offer case studies, stories from global corporations, and recommendations you can immediately put to use.
- Discover why timeshifting is the key solution for time zone-challenged teams.
- Recognize why scattertime may be the work mode of the future.
- Learn how both Follow-the-Sun and Round-the-Clock leverage time zones, but in very different ways.
- Understand how to think strategically--- not just tactically--about time zones.
Praise for I'm Working While They're Sleeping:
"Carmel and Espinosa articulate a problem so obvious that it's almost ignored by most project and senior managers. This book will tell you how such nearsightedness can be fixed."
- Johanna Rothman, Editor, The Pragmatic Manager, USA
"For two decades, I've been working across time zones and faced all the challenges described in this book. This is the most comprehensive study of the issues and resolutions to cope with time zone separation I've seen yet."
- Christof Ebert, Managing Director, Vector Consulting Services, Germany